A livestock scale is an important investment, and you'll want to make sure you choose one that’s durable, up to the task, and has all of the features that you’re looking for.
At R&R Scales, our scales are ideal for stockyards, farms, and feedlots; and are designed for ease of use, and accuracy. Whether you’re looking for an electronic or mechanical livestock scale, and a portable or permanent solution, we offer a variety of sizes and capacities that are able to accommodate any of your livestock weighment needs.
Livestock scales receive a lot of use over the years so it is important to choose a quality scale that will stand up over time, and to find a scale that's easy to clean and maintain.
Here's a look at a few different livestock scale options that are available.
- Electronic Stationary Scales Fully electronic scales are ideal if you prefer a load cell-based system, and are looking for maximum accuracy in your weighments.
- Mechanical Stationary Animal Scales Mechanical scales feature a pipe lever weighing system. The mechanical nature of these scales means that they’re durable and strong. They’re also a more economical alternative to fully electronic scales.
- Single Animal Scales Single animal scales are ideal for individual animal weighing, and is able to be used for a wide range of livestock including cattle, horses, sheep, swine, and exotic animals.
- Portable Group Animal Scales Portable group animal scales are able to be transported to multiple weighing locations via a flatbed truck or similar vehicle. They are also able to be locked down to the base frame during transport to prevent load cell damage.
- Mobile Group Animal Scales These mobile scales are designed for mobile weighments, and can be locked down during transport to prevent load cell damage. Many mobile scales include transport wheels, a lift system, and a folding hitch, with optional pen siding.